So, I am putting myself on a self imposed fabric diet. And I'm writing about it, so you guys can hold me accountable!
For the next six months (my husband has challenged me to a year, silly husband), I'll be sewing from my stashed fabrics only - with 3 exceptions:
- Solids - I dont have a huge stash of basics like Kona white, snow, black, etc. These can be purchased if required to effectively use stashed fabrics.
- Backings - I have a few backings purchased for WIPs, but for the most part, I don't have the yardage required for backings in my stash. Of course pieced backs are an option, but even then, I don't have too many cuts over a half yard stashed.
- Swaps - I can swap my fabric for something else that I want/need but no purchases!
Anyone interested in joining me? I'll be hosting a monthly check in so we can all cheer each other on and see the projects we're working on with our stashed fabrics. To join:
- Start by writing a post outlining your goals - it could be 3 months, 6 months, etc. or just finishing up your current WIPs before buying anything new. Just make them specific.
- Create and list your own rules - can you buy backings? bindings? solids? Only you know your stash.
- Come back here and add link to your post!